By Bess Wyrick
That's why we invited Bess Wyrick and Ivie Joy to share the fruits of their experience as partners in Celadon & Celery, which specializes in event planning and flower arrangements. Wyrick, whose background is in fashion design, and Joy, who was Creative Director for Charles florals in Queens, N.Y., have identified ten key pointers on how to choose the right flowers for the big day. They also created four arrangements, shown here, that demonstrate their ethos and approach.
1. Do choose vibrant, striking colors. Make a bold statement by combining over-sized flowers like calla lilies in an asymmetric form. Picking a bold colored vase will help you to achieve a modern look.
2. Create a Vignette. As long as you have some consistency with color and theme, it is easy to start pulling different pieces together to assemble beautiful vignettes for your guest tables.
3. Do spend a chunk of your d'cor budget on flowers; they really have a magnificent effect on people and the room.
4. Do remember to select flowers that will be available at the time of your wedding.
5. Do ask your florist for a sample centerpiece.
6. Do use tall centerpieces - they give life and presence to a room!
7. Colored hydrangeas are perfect for impact and bold statements when used in mass.
8. Don't ask your florist if it is ok to use your own vases unless you are getting married in your home.
9. Do coordinate with your florists beforehand to give centerpieces away to your guests after the wedding.
10. Don't limit your creativity to what's new and trendy! This is a huge celebration so go all OUT!
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne