My Perfect Wedding: Bryan Rafanelli
By Out.com Editors
For each flawlessly executed affair to remember, a behind-the-scenes mastermind juggles the details. If you’re lucky, that person will be event planner Bryan Rafanelli, who did Chelsea Clinton’s hush-hush nuptials. Rafanelli’s known for combining warm, personalized touches with stylish bravado. Here, he divulges the particulars of his own dream wedding.
Brush Creek Ranch in Saratoga, Wyoming (and we’d honeymoon at the Lodge)
Coordinating plaid tuxedos: the classic Ralph Lauren–meets–Thom Browne look
“Pure Imagination,” Glee-second-season version. Matthew Morrison as the dream wedding singer.
Who would give you away?
We would give each other away.
We’d keep first dance, cake-cutting, garter, and something old and something blue. But we’d veto the bouquet toss.
A simple gold band with an inscription: “This too shall pass.”
Lots of gardenias. Beautiful ferns and green plants of all shapes and sizes.
The ceremony reading?
Shel Silverstein’s The Giving Tree
Vodka and vodka
Rocky Mountain Christmas
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Check Out Exclusive Animated GIFs of Chris O'Dowd and Nick Frost's Epic Dance-off
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Power 50
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- Body Ready: Performance Grooming With Swimmer Amini Fonua