Out100: Casey Legler
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Legler made fashion history this year, when, signed by Ford Models, she became the first woman to work exclusively as a male model. Meaning: Legler only appears in menswear campaigns and walks in men’s fashion shows. Last winter, she made her Fashion Week debut for Michael Bastian, and she’s since been tapped by Nicola Formichetti to front his “reboot” campaign for Diesel. Rather than conforming to the genderbending trend ushered in by Andrej Pejic, the 6-foot-2 Frenchwoman, who competed for her native country’s swim team at the ’96 Atlanta Olympics, claims her freedom to wear whatever she feels comfortable in and to simply be true to herself. And yes, she looks fierce in a dress, too.
Photographed at her studio in New York City on August 29, 2013
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'