Out100: Dan Barasch
By Out.com Editors
Photography by M. Sharkey
Barasch (along with his collaborator, James Ramsey) is spearheading a project that will bestow the city with its first underground park. Officially titled the Delancey Underground and nicknamed the LowLine, the park is poised to encompass 60,000 square feet of an abandoned trolley station underneath the Lower East Side. Even though the potential development would finish years from now, Barasch and Ramsey have already raised $150,000 from a Kickstarter campaign this year, which they used to present a full-size exhibition mere blocks away from the proposed site.
Photographed at Sun Studios in New York City on September 18, 2012 /
Bricks courtesy of LEGO ®
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- 2014 CFDA Awards: And The Nominees Are...
- Out Exclusives - Gay People, Actors, Breaking News