CITRUS PANNA COTTA
6 cups heavy cream � 1ݪ cups buttermilk
� 1� cups sugar � 7� gelatin leaves � 1 vanilla beanstalk, scraped for paste � lemon zest (2 lemons) � orange zest (1 orange)
1. Warm the cream gently; add the scraped vanilla bean paste and pod, lemon zest, and orange zest. Cover and let steep for at least one hour.
2. In small bowl with ice water, bloom the gelatin leaves until soft but not dissolved. Squeeze out excess water.
3. After the cream is finished steeping, remove cover, and whisk in sugar. Reheat mixture until it almost reaches a boil.
4. Remove pot from the heat; whisk in the gelatin leaves. Strain liquid into plastic container and cool slightly.
5. Once cool, add the buttermilk and whisk well. Pour into molds and allow to set for a few hours until firm.