Robert Redford Joins Marriage Fight
By Out.com Editors
1. Actor Robert Redford threw his support behind marriage equality at Equality Utah's Annual Allies dinner last night. "I'm here for the same reason you are – equal rights for all. Like you, I believe there's no place in our world for discrimination. None. I think it is un-American," he said. "If we change discriminatory laws in Utah, it sets a benchmark for people in other states; it allows people to see what can be done."
2. Greece has voted to ban the far-right, anti-gay party known as Golden Dawn.
3. The English-language Moscow Times, published by the Finland-based Sanoma Corporation, named President Obama as one of the 5 heroes of Russia's LGBT movement.
4. Cher did not approve of Miley Cyrus' VMA performance. It's not that it was crass, just that it wasn't well done. "I'm not old-fashioned," Cher said to USA Today. "She could have come out naked, and if she'd just rocked the house, I would have said, 'You go, girl.' It just wasn't done well. She can't dance, her body looked like hell, the song wasn't great, one cheek was hanging out. And, chick, don't stick out your tongue if it's coated."
5. A three-judge court will decide whether or not the pharmaceutical company Abbott, accused by rival SmithKline Beecham of inflating the price of HIV drugs, acted improperly by dismissing a gay juror from an anti-trust case. Abbott claims their legal team dismissed him because he works for the courts and knows someone who died of AIDS. SmithKline says they dismissed him because he's gay. A similar case involving black people went all the way to the Supreme Court in the 1980s.
6. Mel B, aka Scary Spice, has released her first music video in eight years. It's for a song called "For Once In My Life," and here it is:
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team