WATCH: Dan Savage Knows Christians Are 'Not All Like That'
By Andrew Belonsky
Dan Savage knows how to turn a phrase into a movement. And even a word. The author and radio host revamped a Republican's last name, "Santorum," into a sticky sexual byproduct, and he's had great success transforming the seemingly ordinary phrase "It Gets Better" into a pro-LGBT motto and movement. Now he's doing the same for "Not All Like That."
As he explains in this video, Savage, who tours the country talking about sex, politics and everything in-between, has heard from countless Christians that they're "not all like that." The "that" here is "hateful bigots like Michele Bachmann, Tony Perkins, or any other conservative who uses the Bible to bash gays." Savage has heard "we're not all like that" so often that he's started calling these pro-LGBT Christians "NALT Christians."
Now Savage and his NALT Christian friends are urging others to join the "not all like that" movement to tell not only LGBT people, but also anti-gay "Christians," that there are Christians who indeed support and fight for full equality.
Here with more explanation is a video from Savage, as well as the first three installments in what will hopefully become a formidable and effective campaign.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula