World AIDS Day
By Raef Harrison
Today is World AIDS Day, marking the 30 year struggle to recognize, fight, and cure the disease that has changed the lives of so many in the LGBT community. The outlook of today is a completely different landscape than it was 30 years ago, with more understanding, education, and stories of survival. None of that would be possible without the strength and struggle of brave men and women, celebrities and activists, and just people tired of being ignored, who decided to stand up and say something.
Here TV! has released an emotional and heartwarming documentary, 30 Years from Here, which examines the trials and tribulations the AIDS pandemic has created over the past 30 years. The documentary looks at how this nondiscriminatory disease has affected many lives over many years.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki