Homotional Rescue: Matt Wilkas & Jack Ferver
By Zack Rosen
While an obscure volume of "Chicken Soup for the JournoFag Soul" instructs me to tell you the real stars of Homotional Rescue are the dogs and cats we profile, I fear such an emotional plea will cause a seasoned reader to flick over to the next episode of "Welcome to My Home" (or its 2013 viral equivalent.)
So it's made me happy to brag that our latest episode of Homotional Rescue comes with double the star power. The New Yorker-lauded choreographer and dancer Jack Ferver makes an appearance here, though you may also know him as Jimmy "Super Jazzed" Tickles from Strangers With Candy. Matt Wilkas is fresh off his leading turn in Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark and freshly signed as the GBF next fall's NBC pilot, Undateable.
Together they starred in Jonathan Lisecki's Out-approved film Gayby (now available on Netflix). Together again at the Barc Animal Shelter, they manhandled some amazingly cute and expressive pups and use those winning smiles and their passionate deliveries to advocate for the welfare of shelter dogs and cats.
So yeah, it is the animals who really star in these videos, but it takes a pretty big star (in my opinion) to take some time from their schedules to advocate for our cage-bound fuzzy friends.
Homotional Rescue has worked closely with the ASPCA to remind you “No Pet Store Puppies!” Never support puppy mills or breeders by buying their dogs and cats from pet stores, and don’t buy anything from pet stores that sell mill/breeder stock. The shelter buddies need you more.
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower