Get The Look: Michael Jackson
By Julien Sauvalle
From the moment Michael Jackson broke out solo, his dress sense made him an icon. After the release of his global smash Thriller, the King of Pop adopted a more rock'n'roll attitude, a stylistic departure from his Off The Wall disco-soul days. Michael Jackson's petite frame was bulked up with oversized leathers and varsity jackets, which he skillfully paired with skinny jeans, penny loafers, and his trademark white socks. His unique silhouette continues to inspire entire collections to designers like Jean Paul Gaultier and Olivier Rousteing at Balmain, the singer's favorite label in his very last days.
Clockwise from left: Varsity Jacket by Criminal Damage, $50.91 at Asos. Slim Fit Color Jeans by Uniqlo, $29.90. Studded Belt by Dsquared2, $245. Seed Stitched Socks by American Apparel, $8. Larson Loafers by Bass Weejuns, $109. White Tiger Chain T-Shirt by Topman, $36.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Watch the New Trailer for Orange Is the New Black Season 2
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film