The Out Guide to Superfoods
By Andrew Belonsky
Release Its Power: Coconut oil is a healthier, more flavorful cooking alternative to vegetable oils or butter and can be used as the base for an incredible stir-fry.
Good For?: Once stigmatized for its saturated fat content, coconut oil, as current research shows, contains antioxidants, helps improve cardiovascular function, and boosts the immune system.
Fun Fact: Aside from cooking, coconut oil can be used to lubricate guitar strings. Mixed with other ingredients to combat fungal infections, it’s also used as a skincare supplement.
Pickup Spots: Most health food markets carry coconut oil, and major chains like Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s definitely keep it on the shelves.
Origins: Most brands are sourced from the Philippines, Sri Lanka, and Colombia.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend