The OUT Guide to Dogs
By Out.com Editors
Dogs on a Catwalk
Pets already have their own fashion week (it’s true!), but lately the pageantry of trotting them down a runway has jumped from specialist dog shows to the high couture runways of Milan and Paris. When Isaac Mizrahi paraded poodles dyed to match the color of his models’ ensembles, The New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn drily noted that the Westminster Kennel Dog Show and Fashion Week overlapped that year and it was a “shame, considering there’s not that much difference between the two events.” Thom Browne’s show for Moncler Gamme Bleu for Fall 2011 featured hunting regalia complete with hounds leading the way. And Betsey Johnson once sent Kelly Osbourne down her runway carrying a fluffy black Pomeranian, proving that a pedigree pooch is the acme of fashion accessories.
Left to right: Isaac Mizrahi, Moncler Gamme Bleu, Michael Bastian
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection