The OUT Guide to Dogs
By Out.com Editors
The Right Stuff
The Perfect Accessories for Your pet
Whatever trend is sweeping across a certain industry -- foodies and their locally sourced organic fare, fall runways riddled with cozy cashmere turtlenecks -- you can be sure that some great mind will recreate it in puppy proportions and slap a price tag on it. In his exploration of the dynamics between people and their critters, “Why Do People Love Their Pets?” Professor John Archer speaks about mankind’s impulse to treat domesticated animals as substitute children, making them take part in cultural rituals that we’ve cultivated for ourselves. But what of it? With an array of options -- from the tongue-in-cheek to the downright ridiculous -- there’s something for every canine desire. Here are some of our favorites.
Wag More Bark Less Wheat Free Dog Treats From Cloud Star, $6.95, CloudStar.com
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix