- Truman Says Quickies: Ed Westick K-Swiss Sneak Peak, Diddy's new Obama inspired fragrance and more November 14 2008 5:34 AM
Agency: Click Model Management
Hometown: Ipswich, MA
Birth date: October 7
Boxers, briefs, or commando? Boxer-briefs from American Apparel or H&M
How old were you when you lost your virginity? It was sophomore year of high school.
Have you ever fired a gun?: Yes
November 13 2008 7:00 PM
- Entertainment Back to Labelle
The three members of Labelle -- Nona Hendryx, Sarah Dash, and Patti LaBelle herself -- grew up together with the gay community. Arriving in the early '60s with a classic girl-group sound that transitioned into an R&B/rock hybrid, these tough-voiced, spectacularly dressed divas felt the support of gay audiences even before they hit the big time in the mid-'70s with their enduring bilingual anthem of soul sexiness, 'Lady Marmalade.' A breakup soon followed and each member followed a divergent path to solo success; Hendryx even came out as bisexual.November 13 2008 7:00 PM
- Entertainment Go Funk Yourself
Nikka Costa has wandered in and out of the mainstream for years, with songs such as 'Like a Feather' and 'Everybody's Got Their Something.' After a stormy relationship with Virgin Records dissolved in 2004, Costa went off on her own. This fall, after a four-year hiatus, she released a new studio album, Pebble to a Pearl, under her own Go Funk Yourself label.November 13 2008 7:00 PM
- Truman Says Chatter: Tim Gunn
"I've been using that phrase for a couple of decades, and I'll tell you where it came from. Teaching design my students make things, needless to say, and in the course of doing that they encounter challenges, obstacles and in many cases their initial reaction is to abandon the project, just get rid of it and start all over, start from scratch, with materials, concepts, everything. And I don't permit that because I don't believe you learn anything from it. It's really important to take a project that has gone slightly awry, wrestle with it, offer up aNovember 13 2008 8:19 AM
- Truman Says Michael Stipe's Visionaire Lacoste Polo November 13 2008 7:22 AM
- Truman Says Quickies: American Apparel in court, Obama gets casual and more November 13 2008 6:09 AM
- Model Citizen KarlAgency: Click Model Management
Hometown: Castro Valley, CA
Birth date: December 17
Boxers, briefs, or commando? Boxer-briefs from A|X
One word to describe your love life: Comfortable
Have you ever taken a vacation by yourself? No
What piece of clothing do you wear the most? A black military Gucci jacket. I have an uncle who likes to spoil me.
November 12 2008 7:00 PM
- Truman Says Out on The Scene: GMHC's Fashion Forward
Photo courtesy of BPMW via Patrick McMullanNovember 12 2008 8:11 AM
- Truman Says Quickies: Madonna for Vuitton? Bruno does gay porn and more November 12 2008 5:29 AM
- Entertainment Her Best Defense
W e've been on Katy Perry's case since her breakout song, 'Ur So Gay,' dropped in late 2007. She told us then that 'there's a little gay man trapped inside' and that what made her different than other pop starlets was her sense of humor. After One of the Boys (Capitol Records) blew up, in no small part thanks to the controversy of No. 1 single 'I Kissed a Girl,' we tracked Perry to this summer's Vans Warped Tour.November 11 2008 7:00 PM
- Truman Says Quickies: The biggest mall in the world, buying up models and more November 11 2008 9:28 AM
- Truman Says The Out 100: Designers November 11 2008 5:42 AM
- Model Citizen MiguelAgency: Ford Model Management
Hometown: Ourense, Spain
Birth date: October 18
Boxers, briefs, or commando? Briefs
What do you do in your free time? It depends where I am, you know? In Miami, I go to the beach or the clubs. In New York, I play sports or go to Central Park.
November 10 2008 7:00 PM
- Truman Says Chatter: Alber Elbaz
"Fashion is very important, today maybe more than ever...We [designers] have the duty to bring beauty to the world."
-- Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz speaking at the WWD/DNR CEO Summit on the critical role of leadership and vision in the current economic climate.
"Fashion is very important, today maybe more than ever...We [designers] have the duty to bring beauty to the world."November 10 2008 11:05 AM
- Truman Says Marc Jacobs expands menswear business (!) November 10 2008 7:54 AM
- Truman Says Quckies: Murakami wraps LV, Hermès' new Smart Car and more November 10 2008 6:13 AM
- Model Citizen KhiAgency: Q Model Management
Hometown: Melbourne, Australia
Birth date: February 22
Zodiac sign: Pisces
Boxers, briefs, or commando? Trunks or briefs
One word to describe your love life: International
Have you ever taken a vacation alone? Yes
What piece of clothing do you wear most? T-shirts
What cologne do you wear? Marc Jacobs or plain peppermint oil
November 09 2008 7:00 PM
- Entertainment The Gay Agenda
Monday, November 10: After nearly two years of coast-to-coast campaigning that blurred the lines between politics and pop culture, Americans headed to last week's polls in record numbers. We showed that, as a nation, we have reached a turning point in racial acceptance. At the same time, state-level backtracks on gay rights (specifically gay marriage) show that bigotry and hypocrisy still dominate parts of our culture.November 09 2008 7:00 PM
- Truman Says Chatter: Colin Firth
"If he turns his hand to this with the brilliance that he's turned his hand to everything else that he's ever done in his life, it'll be a masterpiece."
-- Actor Colin Firth on Tom Ford's directorial debut with A Single Man.
"If he turns his hand to this with the brilliance that he's turned his hand to everything else that he's ever done in his life, it'll be a masterpiece."November 07 2008 10:14 AM
- Truman Says Christian Siriano goes to jail for Out 100
Deemed "his generation's Marc Jacobs" by style mentor Tim Gunn after becoming Project Runway's 22-year-old season four winner, Christian Siriano paraded out of fashion's confines in 2008 to become a veritable pop culture darling.November 07 2008 9:45 AM
- Truman Says Quickies: Designers swoon over Obama, Ryan McGinley for Marc Jacobs and more November 07 2008 7:47 AM
- Model Citizen TexasAgency: Level 1
Hometown: Dallas, Texas
Birth date: April 24
Zodiac sign: Taurus
Boxers, briefs, or commando? Briefs or commando
Two things you did today: I went to the gym and I cleaned my apartment.
How old were you when you lost your virginity? 17
If you could get a plane ticket to fly anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I would go to Milan to check out the scene.
November 06 2008 7:00 PM
- Truman Says Chatter: Karl Lagerfeld
Karl Lagerfeld: Twice a week I have to eat meat, which I'm not too crazy about, but it's good for you. You know, the most dangerous diet in the work is macrobiotic. Don't touch that.
Ashley Olsen: I couldn't even think about it!November 06 2008 2:04 PM
- Truman Says Todd Oldham's hip, casual style
Over the last 20 years, 2008 Out 100 honoree Todd Oldham (seen here with Miriam Browning-Nance and Laura Virella) has left his hip, casual mark on the world of style.November 06 2008 10:03 AM
- Entertainment Back to Labelle