Quickies: More Fashion Week bad news, the Hipsters get bangs and more
Photo: Getty ImagesDecember 22 2008 6:04 AM
Insiders are saying that Rock & Republic are canceling their runways show. They'll instead do a presentation in Paris and then throw a party. [Division Street]
The Gay Agenda
Monday, December 22: Yes, it's officially time to freak out. You have 72 hours until Christmas, and chances are you still have some naughty boys (and girls) on your list to take care of. Allow us to offer up a few last-minute gift ideas that will keep on giving into the New Year.December 21 2008 8:00 PM
Agency: Fusion Model Management
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
Birth date: July 30
Zodiac sign: Leo
Boxers, briefs, or commando? Boxer-briefs
Sweet or sour? Sweet and sour - I like spicy things. My favorite Asian restaurant, Sweet & Spicy, is in Queens.
Your greatest fear about aging? Memory loss because I have so many great memories, but I have to admit I like aging.
December 21 2008 8:00 PM
- Entertainment Adventures in Art Making
August 2008 Out cover boy Pete Wentz recently teamed up with Gym Class Heroes frontman Travis McCoy for a joint exhibit of their mixed-media work, "Without You I'm Just Me," created during one long week when the pair locked themselves in Wentz's basement to make art.December 21 2008 8:00 PM
- Entertainment Five of the Best... Lotions December 21 2008 8:00 PM
- Entertainment A Rick Warren Holiday Reader
While we're normally busy dedicating ourselves to bringing you the best in entertainment, fashion, and style for the modern gay man, sometimes we can't help but direct our attention to affairs of a decidedly more political nature. With President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration less than a month away, gays have been tracking his appointment of high-level government officials, his commitment to LGBT issues like dismantling "don't ask, don't tell" and legalizing marriage, and envisioning the exciting prospect of an America finally led by a gay-friendly President.December 21 2008 8:00 PM
- Truman Says Passing Judgment: Matt Dallas December 19 2008 12:50 PM
- Truman Says Chatter: photographer George Hurrell
"I dunno know, kid. I think it's some kinda suffering look."
-- famed celebrity photographer George Hurrell responding to Matthew Rolston's question, "What is glamour?" The quote inspired Rolston's work, much of which can be seen in his new photo book, beautyLIGHT.
"I dunno know, kid. I think it's some kinda suffering look."December 19 2008 11:39 AM
- Truman Says Model Cole Mohr has a blog -- our obsession continues December 19 2008 11:11 AM
- Truman Says Quickies: Kanye's crush on Corine, Tommy to show at Bryant Park and more December 19 2008 6:59 AM
- Model Citizen John
Hometown: Brookville, Ohio
Birth date: May 29
Zodiac sign: Gemini
Boxers, briefs, or commando? All three but it depends on the situation.
Your worst birthday: My first away from home when I was in Osaka, Japan. I didn't know a lot of people, so it was hard to celebrate.
- Truman Says Thou Shalt Covet: Kontextür shower curtain rings
Shower curtain rings? Really? Yes, really.December 18 2008 10:56 AM
- Truman Says Chatter: Sean "Diddy" Combs
"It takes me an hour and a half to get ready to go out. I meditate for a bit. Then I pick out an outfit -- that takes 20 minutes. Then I shower, and when I get out of the shower, I don't towel dry, I air dry. I have air dry fans in my room. Then I do some push ups and crunches. Then I dance around the room a bit."
-- Sean "Diddy" Combs on his not-so-surprising primping ritual.December 18 2008 7:48 AM
- Truman Says Quickies: Hedi Slimane shoots Prada, hot Brazilian models and more December 18 2008 6:06 AM
- Model Citizen NicoAgency: Q Model Management
Hometown: Medellin, Columbia
Birth date: February 7
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Boxers, briefs, or commando? Boxer briefs
Which cologne do you wear? Lacoste
Two traits you look for in a partner: They have to be outgoing and smart.
Does a naked photo of you exist? I hope not
- Truman Says Out on the scene: Rag & Bone and D & G stores openings
December 17 2008 1:15 PM
- Truman Says Chatter: Simon Doonan
“As symbolic gestures of hostility go, shoe tossing is rather incomprehensible. Why throw something that needs to be retrieved? You cannot beat a hasty retreat without your shoes. Better to, as they do at Tom Jones concerts, toss less essential items like panties or brassieres. Other possibilities: cracked dentures, out-of-fashion hats, and expired toupees.”December 17 2008 12:39 PM
- Truman Says Fashion Q&A: What 10 things should every guy have in his closet? December 17 2008 11:42 AM
- Truman Says Victorinox Creative Director Pierre-Henri Mattout shows us how the French do it December 17 2008 8:06 AM
- Truman Says Quickies: Fashion Week takes another hit, Roberto Cavalli opens a nightclub and more December 17 2008 6:41 AM
- Entertainment Gay Or Rapist?
Capt. Eric Beyersdorf, a navigator with the Nevada Air National Guard and a member of the U.S. Marshals Service, woke up in his room at a Ramada Inn during a temporary duty shift in Florida one morning in March 2006 feeling great, which was his first warning. He shouldn't have felt great; he had gotten trashed the night before and was expecting a wicked hangover. But instead he felt 'euphoric' and was even thinking about getting in a round of golf with his buddies.December 16 2008 8:00 PM
- Entertainment Closet Constants December 16 2008 8:00 PM
- Truman Says Film Fashion: Were the World Mine December 16 2008 9:41 AM
- Truman Says Quickies: Kanye West off to London, Gareth Pugh to show menswear and more December 16 2008 6:10 AM
- Model Citizen NateAgency: Major Model Management
Hometown: San Mateo, California
Birth date: April 3
Zodiac sign: Aries
Boxers, briefs, or commando?Boxers or commando
Two things that you did today: I skateboarded and I had Subway for lunch.
If you could get a plane ticket to fly anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Australia, because I've heard its beautiful
December 15 2008 8:00 PM
- Entertainment Adventures in Art Making