- Truman Says Lagerfeld Out at Chanel?! June 05 2009 8:50 AM
Quickies: Bruno's (First) Lawsuit, Michael Bastian's Shorts, Karl Voices Cartoon, +
Surprise, surprise: Sascha Baron Cohen is being sued by a woman who says she was traumatized by his fashion frenzy alter-ego, Bruno. [Vulture]
Michael Bastian, a now favored menswear designer, can't afford his own $540 shorts. [NYT]June 05 2009 8:49 AM
Liam Gallagher Launches "Pretty Green" Line
With all the fuss Liam Gallagher made about launching his own fashion line, Pretty Green, because the clothing he really wanted to wear he "can't really get," you'd have expected that what he came up with would have something to raise an eyebrow about. As it turns out, now that Pretty Green has hit an online store, it turns out it's really pretty boring.June 05 2009 8:47 AM
Alain Delon for Christian Dior Eau Sauvage
June 05 2009 8:45 AM
- Popnography Quickies: Gay Gum and the Greatest Love of All June 05 2009 6:47 AM
- Popnography Hummer: Bat For Lashes' "Pearl's Dream"
In case you haven't noticed, we're obsessed with Bat For Lashes. And lucky for us -- and you -- she just released a new video for "Pearl's Dream" from her killer album Two Suns (still our choice for the best album of 2009 -- thus far). And this girl doesn't like to disappoint. For instance: Overambitious fog machine? Check. Hairy vulture-ish shoulder pads? Check. Lupine constellation? Check. Blonde (possibly evil) alter ego? Check. Electricity shooting our of Natasha's fingers? Check. For the rest, see for yourself:June 05 2009 5:01 AM
- Popnography A few things about the Swiss
Day two in Zurich and in a few hours I meet the rest of the gang on my press trip. They've been gallivanting around the Swiss countryside (the press trip is actually eight or nine days long -- I'm just here for the three gayest days at EuroPride in Zurich) so last night I had a nap and then took in a show by the great Ennio.June 04 2009 11:54 PM
- Popnography Pride done Tokyo-style June 04 2009 11:42 AM
- Popnography Chatter: Neil Patrick Harris
"Maybe no shirt. Maybe just the tux and the tie. Maybe not."
--Neil Patrick Harris on his potential wardrobe when he hosts the Tonys this Sunday night.
"Maybe no shirt. Maybe just the tux and the tie. Maybe not."June 04 2009 10:40 AM
- Popnography The day before EuroPride 2009
Photo (from EuroPride 2007): Getty ImagesJune 04 2009 8:55 AM
- Popnography Special Friends Celebrate Anderson Cooper's Special Day June 04 2009 6:51 AM
- Popnography From Our Friends at Current: Gay Best Friends June 04 2009 6:45 AM
- Truman Says Common Projects Expands For Fall
- Popnography The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. Yes.
Just when June in Chelsea was starting to feel a little dreary, a proverbial fairy godmother arrives with enough sugar and sprinkles to make everything right.June 04 2009 5:50 AM
- Popnography NewFest Kicks Off Today
If you’re going to be in New York in the next week, there’s at least one good reason to see a movie (or four) despite the Disney-esque early June weather. It’s the 21st annual NewFest: New York’s LGBT film festival, showing at the SVA theatres in (of course) Chelsea!June 04 2009 4:47 AM
- Entertainment Fever Chart
As a child, it's easy to let imagination explain the unknown elements of the adult world. The subconscious is ripe, unabashed, willing to construct a bizarre logic. A similar self-absorption governs the strange dreamlands of Anthony Goicolea's photographs, paintings, and drawings in his new book, Fictions (Twin Palms, $75).June 03 2009 7:00 PM
- Entertainment Face To Face: Patrick Wolf June 03 2009 7:00 PM
- Popnography DJ Charles Feelgood Brings the Beats to Starscape 2009
Festival season has begun. From Midwestern acts featuring post punk icons to coastal events showcasing the roots of bluegrass, summer just isn't summer without a 100 band lineup. Beginning the three-month spree of music, mud, and mayhem is Starscape in Baltimore, Maryland. An 18-hour electronic music gala, the June 6th concert will host a variety of masters ranging from synth-pop duo Chromeo, to jam-band favorite Disco Biscuits. Included in the program is DJ master Charles Feelgood.June 03 2009 11:51 AM
- Popnography Yawn...LeAnn Rimes says she's not a stalker either.
Photo: Getty ImagesJune 03 2009 11:07 AM
- Popnography June was made for pride
Photo: Getty ImagesJune 03 2009 6:14 AM
- Entertainment Sounding Off
Oh, The Sounds -- why are you so fierce? Formed in 1999 and fronted by the refreshingly outspoken Maja Ivarsson, these childhood friends from Helsinborg, Sweden (who are as easy on the eyes as they are on the ears) have been relentlessly touring the world for a decade, exposing millions to their maniacally energetic concerts and their brash, guitar-infused synth-punk.June 02 2009 7:00 PM
- Truman Says Quickies: Margiela Leaving? New Faces at Next Month's Men's Shows, Karl Lagerfeld Hates Swans, +Rumors are again afloat that Martin Margiela is leaving or has already left his Maison. Eventually, Mr. Margiela, publicity stunts just turn annoyances. [JC Report]
Next month's men's shows in Paris and Milan should be a bit more energetic than last season's dreary showing. A slew of new and old favorite designers will show and present collections, which will hopefully amp up both weeks.June 02 2009 10:27 AM
- Truman Says Designers' Duds
- Popnography Heathers 2: 2 Scary?
Oh no. No, no, no, no. "There is a [Heathers] sequel in the works. I swear to God," Winona Rider says. "I've been wanting to do a sequel forever. There is a story, and Christian [Slater] has agreed to come back as a kind of Obi-Wan character." This is frightening news.June 02 2009 7:27 AM
- Popnography Behind the scenes with Lady GaGa
If you haven't seen Lady GaGa's new video "Paparazzi," you need to drop everything you're doing and make it a priority. Shot by Jonas Akerlund (who's worked with a who's who of Hollywood including that other blonde bombshell, Madonna), the eight minute clip is nothing if not epic. And, after you've properly gotten your daily dose of vitamin GaGa, check out this behind-the-scenes clip of the making of the "Paparazzi" video:June 02 2009 6:07 AM