Closetgram: My Cowboy Boots
By Michael Cook
This winter has been so brutal that my snow boots have definitely gotten a mean workout, but this week temperatures are slowly begining to rise again, so I've decided to switch up my footwear and break out the ol' cowboy boots instead.
I go these Lucchese boots from one of my first college jobs at an upscale Western retail store in Fort Worth, Tx. That's right, I sold $3,000 rhinestone Nudie jackets and exotic handmade boots to the flashiest cowboys in Texas! I wanted this pair to feel like it was my own, so I custom-designed the heels and toe of the boot, and I selected the leathers used: oil skin calf on the vamp, and goat skin on the shaft.
Not only are cowboy boots functional, they last for years (I've had these bad boys resoled 3 times already), and they offer great protection against the elements. Bonus point: The slight elevation caused by the short heels also makes your ass look great!
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- The Double Life of Gillian Anderson
- James Franco's Hardcore Interior. Leather Bar Hits Cinemas
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models