Daily Crush: Leonardo DiCaprio's Gucci Loafers
By Julien Sauvalle
A few months after The Great Gatsby, Leonard DiCaprio is back in great sartorial form in Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street (showing now). We did a double-take on the superb Gucci horsebit loafers sported by both DiCaprio and his co-star Jonah Hill in the movie.
Frida Giannini, Gucci’s creative director, is delighted: “Costume designer Sandy Powell never fails to bring real authenticity to Martin Scorsese’s vision, as she has done once again in The Wolf of Wall Street," she says. "It's great to see Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill wearing iconic Gucci loafers in a film, which really does capture the heady atmosphere of that time.”
The Wolf of Wall Street tells the the story of New York stockbroker Jordan Belfort, played by DiCaprio. As a symbol of the jet-set lifestyle he dives in, Belfort and his colleague Donnie Azoff (Jonah Hill) adopt the Gucci horsebit loafer, which celebrated its 60th anniversary last year, at the time of the filming.
This classic loafer has been the choice of international playboys ever since its introduction in 1953. There's even a pair in the permanent collection of New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art. Get the look!
Horsebit Moccasin by Gucci, $585, Gucci.com
- EXCLUSIVE: Arrange Covers P!nk’s ‘Don’t Let Me Get Me'
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Cast of Fun Home & Alison Bechdel Visited South Carolina to Counter Homophobic Controversy
- Francois Ozon's Young and Beautiful Is an Instant Classic