Riccardo Tisci To Collaborate With Nike
By Julien Sauvalle
The news is just in: Style.com reports that Riccardo Tisci is teaming up with Nike on an exclusive collection.
The creative director of Givenchy shared a picture on his Instagram account where he's wearing a sweatshirt bearing the Nike swoosh, with his initials, R.T., underneath. The logo is complete a star, the symbol which has become Tisci's signature at Givenchy.
“For me, Nike represents a lot: my childhood, America,” the Italian designer told Style.com. “In Europe, America is the flag, McDonald’s, Marlboro, and Nike, for a kid it’s very important.”
Tisci has been a fan of the brand for decades and has been wearing the same Nike sneakers for 16 years:
"When I got the call, it sounded so strong, so perfect for my DNA", he commented. "It’s a big honor for me, especially because they’re always working with sports people... I couldn’t bring them technology, instead I brought my style, what people like me for and what the young generation follows me for.”
The collaboration, said to be "strong without being loud," is slated for Spring 2014. It will be available at Nike stores and on Nike.com
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters