Riccardo Tisci To Collaborate With Nike
By Julien Sauvalle
The news is just in: Style.com reports that Riccardo Tisci is teaming up with Nike on an exclusive collection.
The creative director of Givenchy shared a picture on his Instagram account where he's wearing a sweatshirt bearing the Nike swoosh, with his initials, R.T., underneath. The logo is complete a star, the symbol which has become Tisci's signature at Givenchy.
“For me, Nike represents a lot: my childhood, America,” the Italian designer told Style.com. “In Europe, America is the flag, McDonald’s, Marlboro, and Nike, for a kid it’s very important.”
Tisci has been a fan of the brand for decades and has been wearing the same Nike sneakers for 16 years:
"When I got the call, it sounded so strong, so perfect for my DNA", he commented. "It’s a big honor for me, especially because they’re always working with sports people... I couldn’t bring them technology, instead I brought my style, what people like me for and what the young generation follows me for.”
The collaboration, said to be "strong without being loud," is slated for Spring 2014. It will be available at Nike stores and on Nike.com
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Wallflowers: A Web Series For Singles
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It