Shaun Ross is having something of a break out year. After being discovered on YouTube in 2008, Ross has been popping up all over the place. He has modeled for Alexander McQueen, been featured in the pages of British GQ and Italian Vogue, and (lately) has become several pop divas' favorite new arm candy.
Now it's time to get to know the fashion world's most famous male albino model:
1. Ross gives his best Marty Jacobsen in Beyoncé's video for "Pretty Hurts," in which he portrays a pageant trainer.
2. This is not his first music video appearance. Lana Del Rey recruited him for her 30-minute short film, Tropico. He also appears in Katy Perry's "E.T." and another Bey vid, "Party."
3. He's a voguer. He participates in the ballroom scene as a free agent. (Watch him battle Breezy.)
4. Ross modeled for Tyra Banks on this season of America's Next Top Model (the same season as Phil Sullivan). He participated in the Flawsome photo shoot.
5. It's not the first time he's worked with Tyra Banks. Ross appeared on her talk show (remember those years?!) to discuss being albino and bullying.
6. Ross embraces his differences: "I challenge photographers," Ross told CNN. This year, media took notice of Ross when he walked at New York Fashion Week. The entire time, he used the hashtag #InMySkinIWin as a way to promote a level of comfort with oneself.
7. He writes. The model has written two essays for the Huffington Post dealing with body issues and grooming.
9. He's openly gay. Good news fellas, you have a shot.
10. Ross is only 22! He's still quite young, which means there's still tons of Shaun to come. Watch out 2014.