Closet Case: Justin Timberlake's Neil Barrett Shirt
By Julien Sauvalle
The ever-so-dreamy Justin Timberlake has just released a video for the first single from The 20/20 Experience Part. 2 (the follow-up to his #1 comeback album, The 20/20 Experience, due September 30). "Take Back The Night" is a catchy, Michael Jackson-esque disco banger, but rather than focusing on the music, the conversation has shifted to JT's controversial fashion choices.
For most of the video, the singer is seen wearing a Neil Barrett tuxedo shirt with a large black panel, which doesn't seem to please everybody. Some fans have called the shirt "ridiculous", while other commentators praised it as the "coolest shirt ever". In another segment shot at a live performance with rapper Jay Z (sans hyphen now, please), Timberlake wears a white T-shirt with black triangular panels on the side, also from the new Neil Barrett Autumn/Winter collection.
Fashion faux-pas or edgy statement? The floor is open for debate. Watch the video below and let us know what you think:
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- The New State of Kevin Allison: Unashamed, Unfiltered but Always Honest
- My Prison Pen Pal: Why I befriended a convicted sex offender
- Cast of Fun Home & Alison Bechdel Visited South Carolina to Counter Homophobic Controversy
- Sean Dorsey: Giving Voice (and Dance) to a Generation Lost to AIDS