WATCH: Robbie Rogers On Balancing Soccer and Fashion
By Julien Sauvalle
We're now familiar with Robbie Rogers, the cover star, but will we see the rise of Robbie Rogers, the designer?
Bello Mag interviewed the L.A. Galaxy soccer player and asked him about his passion for fashion. Rogers already has his own menswear brand, Hasley44, which he co-created three years ago and for which he also models. "Its so great for me learning how to run a business that way, design, working with fabrics," Rogers says, "It's been a big passion of mine."
The soccer player reveals that he also enrolled on a course in menswear design technology at the London College of Fashion in the transition period between his coming out/retirement annoucement and his return to sports with the Galaxies: "I worked my ass off to get accepted [on that course]," he says. "Obviously I've decided to go back to football, but I'm very serious about it."
Rogers also talks about his style blog, Rogers & Baker, which he started with his stylist friend Warren Alfie Baker.
Listen to him talk about balancing his two passions in the video below:
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- Leslie Jordan Go Bold for Doritos
- Small Engine Repair: Keegan Allen & James Talk Facebook Fears
- CDC Reports Rise In Unprotected Sex Among Gay Men
- Performance Artist Bojana Radulovic Discusses Air Doll, Bergman & the Will to Live
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film