Fashion Meets Art On Tumblr (Literally)
By Julien Sauvalle
Fashion designers like to take inspiration from the work of great artists for their collections --nothing new about that-- but when a stranger toys around with photoshopping runway looks on great paintings, the result is a stunning marriage between fashion and art.
On Ubicouture, Kenzo's cloud prints merge with an iconic Magritte painting, Tom Ford's Pop-Art dresses give extra "Pow!" to a Lichtenstein canvas, and Prada's florals are glorified in a Mœbius vignette.
We don't know much about the mysterious blogger who creates these new masterpieces of sorts, but scrolling down we can't help to think that the statement "fashion is art" has never been more true.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film