Truman's Book Club: 'Rodeo'
By Julien Sauvalle
Famous for his titillating portraits of bodybuilders during the 1950s, Bruce Bellas (a.k.a. Bruce of Los Angeles) also spent time roaming around rodeos across North America to snap cowboys on their down-time.
This delightful selection by photography critic Vince Aletti presents a lesser known facet of the photographer's body of work, with candid pictures of gorgeous herders in tight-fitting jeans and butch boots. Not since Brokeback Mountain have we been more excited to see cowboys in action! The leather-bound monograph is available in a limited edition of 500 copies, exclusively sold at Acne.
'Rodeo' by Bruce of Los Angeles, $250, at AcneStudios.com
- WATCH: Oscar Isaac Performs Folk Version of Katy Perry's 'Roar'
- A Pope is Person of the Year: Edie Windsor is No. 3
- WATCH: Detox, Willam and Vicky Vox Sing Naughty Christmas Song
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Meet the Queens of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6
- Daily Crush: The Heritage Sweater by L.L.Bean