WATCH: Keira Knightley as Coco Chanel
By Julien Sauvalle
The scene takes place in Deauville in 1913. Gabrielle Chanel is a young shopkeeper who sells hats to mostly unreceptive rich ladies, until a couple of very fashion-forward wild children notice her modern designs and turn her business into the empire we know today.
That was a 100 years ago, before Gabrielle became Coco. To mark the centenary of Chanel's first boutique, Karl Lagerfeld directs Keira Knightley as the young designer in a stunning 18-minute period piece.
An army of supermodels led by Lindsey Wixon, Stella Tennant, and Jamie Bochert supports the Oscar-nominated actress, while the male contingent formed by Brad Kroening, Sébastien Jondeau, and Baptiste Giabiconi also adds to the must-see factor.
Watch the full movie here:
- WATCH: Oscar Isaac Performs Folk Version of Katy Perry's 'Roar'
- A Pope is Person of the Year: Edie Windsor is No. 3
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Meet the Queens of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6
- WATCH: Detox, Willam and Vicky Vox Sing Naughty Christmas Song
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments