Truman's Book Club: 'Buttoned-Up'
By Julien Sauvalle
Our wonderful colleagues Gert Jonkers and Jop van Bennekom at Fantastic Man have teamed with Penguin Books to publish Buttoned-Up, a deliciously quirky paperback about the somewhat mystifying trend of fastening every button on one's shirt for no particular reason.
The trend is traced back to the streets of East London via a collection of essays, photographic studies of cute local boys, and an interview with Pet Shop Boys' Neil Tennant, whose famously formal style always featured a fully buttoned-up shirt.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet