Banana Republic And Milly Team Up This Summer
By Julien Sauvalle
What was it like in the Hamptons in the '60s? Chic, colorful and full of dizzying prints, according to the new Banana Republic-Milly collection, which we previewed yesterday at Gramercy Park Hotel in New York City.
Banana Republic Creative Director Simon Keen recruited Michelle Smith, the founder and designer of Milly, to create a capsule collection inspired by a summer vacation on Long Island.
The line features vibrant colors and vintage-inspired patterns reflecting the sophisticated and playful spirit of the two brands.
It will also be Michelle Smith's first dip into menswear. Among the 60 pieces that make up the collection, over a quarter will be for guys. "It was a cinch with Simon's expertise," said Smith. "It's a very positive, happy collection and I think the colors and patterns really capture the modern spirit of summer."
The Banana Republic-Milly collection will launch at selected Banana Republic branches worldwide in late May 2013, and we will have the first images before it hits the store. Stay tuned, fashionisti!
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto