Anna Wintour for Ambassador?
By Diego James
Rumors have been spreading that our favorite (not intimidating at all) Vogue editrix Anna Wintour has been angling for a diplomatic post. And now Bloomberg reports that she is in fact on Obama's short list for either a Paris or UK ambassadorship. What???
Before you freak out, and start wondering what André Leon Talley will do if his benefactor-in-chief exits her post gracefully (and whether Tina Brown is figuring out ways to foil this plan for her own gain), check out what The Cut has cooked up for 10 reasons why the uber tastemaker deserves such a diplomatic position—other than the fact that she's already in love with Lady Obama (as we know from The September Issue). And we love the potential for No. 6: a makeover for (likely) incoming Secretary of State Susan Rice!
But more importantly: What will Grace Coddington do? Wait, take a breath. Grace will be fine. She has her CATS!
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki