By Out.com Editors
The perfect pair of jeans may be one of the most difficult things for any man to find. Always on the prowl, we found these three great recommendations from Chris Bair on Gay.net. As he states, "You can buy a hundred pair, but if they don’t fit well you’re just wasting money."
So, here are a few of Chris Bair's current favorites, with a few styling and care tips:
"I’m loving -- and wearing -- JBRAND Jeans! My current pair is Kane in a javelin color. It is a slim straight leg in a subtle scraped dark stretch indigo with tint and subtle 3D whiskers. Pair with a V-neck sweater or T-shirt and the right jacket to create a workable career look. JBrand Kane Jeans $192.
"Another of my staple favorites is Diesel’s Viker Jeans," says Bair. "They are a medium low rise, straight leg with an unwashed denim look. I love to pair mine with a pair of bright colored high top kicks and a tank for summer club nights with the friends." Diesel Viker Jeans $160.
"Joe’s Jeans is another great brand. Joe'S Brixton is slim from thigh to hem. This tailored denim always looks sharp. It’s a straight leg denim jean that's not too skinny and has an incredibly versatile fit. They also have some give to the denim – which I personally love. Wear
them out with a great pair of Vans and a dressy thermal to give yourself that trendy casual no-effort feel." Joe’s Brixton Jean, $168.
Once you have the perfect pair, you’ll want to get the most out of your denim. Remember, washing and drying will wear them out the fastest, but, as Bair recommends, following these simple rules will help keep every pair of this closet staple looking sharp.
- First, to keep your jeans from fading try to wear them multiple times before a cleaning. (Spot washing is preferable to dry-cleaning. It will be easier on your jeans and your wallet as well.)
- Also, try zipping your jeans up in a plastic bag and placing them in the freezer to kill any unwanted smells and give some freshness back to each pair between cleanings. (Spray them down with Fabreeze beforehand or include a dryer sheet for even better results.)
- When a deeper clean is needed, throw them in the washing machine on delicate or wash them by hand using cold water only. (Don’t forget to turn them inside out and button them up first and avoid using the dryer or the laying them in the sun.)
These few tricks will give your fantastic new jeans the nine lives they deserve!
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.