Andy South Now Identifies As Woman
By Peter Frost
Andy South, a finalist on Season 8 of Project Runway, has said auf wiedersehen to being a man and is now making it work as a woman. The designer, who took to his Facebook to announce the flip, switched his listed gender to "female" and changed his name to Nong Ariyaphon Southiphong.
Premiering the change as early as March, Southiphong, a native of Hawaii, has spoken in recent months about a change on the horizon, telling eXpression magazine, saying, “People who are close to me know who I am and I have continued to receive support, especially from my mom who is still by my side every step of the way."
While he hasn’t released an official statement about debuting as a woman, Southiphong wrote on a message to his fans using Facebook on June 3, saying, “Thank you to all my friends and fans who have supported all the way. To my family for seeing me for me and all of the love I am surrounded with.”
- WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Sing Carols With Strangers on the Street
- Gay Icons: Kremlin to Receive Elton John, George Michael, Tom Daley Nesting Dolls
- Christmas Comes Early: Beyoncé Drops 'Visual Album' While You Were Sleeping
- Guy-on-Guy Action
- The SAG Awards' Queer Quotient
- Meet the Queens of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6