David Beckham Takes a Swim for Elle UK
By Out.com Editors
Everybody, everybody, everybody has sport on the brain, and for good reason—this summer the Olympics Games will invade televisions worldwide. Even the fashion industry can't turn a blind eye to this ballyhooed spectacle of athletic prowess, as evidenced by Vogue's recent sport-inspired cover. This year the competition is taking place in London, putting the city center stage, and they, too, have embraced the impeding media storm. Perhaps the savviest move, though, comes from Elle magazine's British edition, who decided to place the world's most famous sportman front and center of their July issue—David Beckham. This is the first time that a man has ever covered the women's fashion glossy, but the photo—of a shirtless, dripping wet Beckham emerging from a pool—will certainly still appeal to a female fan base (and about 10% of men, of course), regardless of their interest in sports. And at 37 years old, Beckham looks incredible—he and wifey Victoria must be feasting on dead baby pills or something because those two have told Mother Nature to buzz off. If only the Olympic Games were still played in the buff like the good ole' days, we'd definitely tune in.
Photo courtesy of Elle UK.
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?