Video: Casting the Shirtless Guys Who Welcome You at Hollister
By Out.com Editors
So, contrary to popular belief, the hot, scantily clad dudes who greet you at the Hollister store are not found via Craigslist. Who knew? They're found through castings, much like models are discovered, which means they probably don't ever have to ring people up or any other annoying retail-y tasks. Their sole purpose is to be attractive, lure customers in, and collect a paycheck. Model Files goes behind-the-scenes of these castings with Preston, who is looking for a fratty guy. "It's a very important position," he says. "It requires more than just a pretty face and rock-hard abs." Uh, really? Does one need a degree from an Ivy in door-opening? We thought not. Oh, and what's the difference between a Hollister boy and an Abercrombie and Fitch boy? "Abercrombie is a Republican pothead—Hollister is a metrosexual frat boy." Now you know.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film