Video: Coach Hits the Street With Two-Wheeling Memories
By Out.com Editors
Spring's mercurial weather may be an impediment when picking through your closet in the morning (Do I need a jacket!? Shorts or pants? Is it going to rain today? How humid is it?), but there's a special breed of New York inhabitant that isn't bothered by a flip-flopping climate. City cyclists actually look forward to braving Mother Nature's glorious mood swings while indulging in their favorite mode of transportation. And like most other things in Manhattan, biking isn't just a means of getting from point A to point B, it's another opportunity to show off your personal style. The folks from the Manhattan-based leather and apparel brand Coach picked up on the fashionable riding scene in lower Manhattan and enlisted the help of photographer Bridget Fleming, who documents the life of riders below 14th Street for her blog Downtown From Behind. Below is a video featuring the men and women who zoom by you as your go about your errands, and the slick accessories they use to make their daily journeys that much easier.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'