Hidden Gems: 'Harper's Bazaar' Shows Designers Lost in Their Work
By Out.com Editors
Harper's Bazaar commissioned the Chinese artist Liu Bolin to create portraits of some of fashion's most influential designers. Alber Elbaz, Jean Paul Gaultier (above), Angela Missoni, and Valentino's Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli all sat for Bolin, but the contemporary image-maker didn't want to do something so mundane as just shooting the fashion visionaries in a traditional, mundane way. Instead, he chose to camouflage the amidst their natural workplaces. See if you can spot the designers hidden in the pictures below.
Lanvin's Alber Elbaz, above.
Missoni's Angela Missoni, above.
Valentino's Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli, above.
Photos courtesy of Liu Bolin/Harper's Bazaar
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- 2014 CFDA Awards: And The Nominees Are...
- Out Exclusives - Gay People, Actors, Breaking News