Now Open: American Giant Launches Online Shop
By Max Berlinger
The slow, rattling death cry of American manufacturing often goes unnoticed due to the steady hum of outsourced production. It's a sad fact, but domestically crafted goods are hard to come by, and when you do find them, you'll often pay more money for them to be made on local soil. But San Francisco-based Bayard Winthrop isn't having any of that—uh-uh, no sir. Today, Winthrop launched American Giant, an online emporium of quality goods. Last week, Winthrop stopped by the Out offices to show us his offerings, which will start with sporty basics like hoodies, classic sweatshirts, and cardigans, before expanding on their selection. Think of your typical gym wear, but with a slimmer, more modern cut—appropriate for life away from the treadmill. By offering the product directly to customers through his own site, Winthrop stresses that he and his team can keep costs down (currently, nothing is over $100) while overseeing production and maintaining quality and fit. Check it out here.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- Small Engine Repair: Keegan Allen & James Talk Facebook Fears
- The 15 Sexiest Moustaches