By Out.com Editors
Just because you're on vacation doesn't mean you need to take a break from looking stylish. Dressing well is a lifestyle choice, after all. But a common traveling mistake is to think that packing half your closet will guarantee that you continue a through-line of elegance while away from home. Au contraire, friends. You needn't pack more, simply smarter to ensure you look your best at all times. We've consulted our editors (who are pros at racking up frequent flier miles) and some friends, and the verdict is in: you should avoid bringing anything more than a carry-on whenever possible. If you're planning an extended trip, perhaps you should reconsider, but most getaways don't need more than a few pair of bottoms, tops and undergarments. If there are bulky necessities that need to be brought along, consider shipping them to your destination ahead of time -- that's how serious we are about this rule. Checking in at the airport, deplaning, and finding the perfect thing to wear will all be streamlined once you pare down your wardrobe to the most versatile core pieces. Oh, and always leave a little room in your bag -- just in case you find the perfect must-have and need a little extra room in your bag on the way back.
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend