Live the Life: Jean-Paul Belmondo
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Koji Yano
Jean-Paul Belmondo’s unforgettable screen presence in Jean-Luc Godard’s cinematic touchstone Breathless turned the French actor into a poster boy of the 1960s New Wave. Generations of young men have channeled his effortless sense of style, while his infectious smile and rugged anti-hero good looks lured in a host of bombshells (just ask Bond girl Ursula Andress). Later in his career, Belmondo distanced himself from independent cinema and took on daredevil roles in mainstream action movies, but it’s his bold, slick fashion choices and sly charm that have lingered.
1. Empire link Bracelet in 18K gold by David Yurman, $10,500
2. Cotton button-down shirt by Ermenegildo Zegna, $375
3. Suspenders by H&M, $17.95
4. Ellwood penny loafers by Cole Haan, $428
5. Pants by Giorgio Armani, $745
6. Everett fedora by Mr. Kim by Eugenia Kim, $260
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Check Out Exclusive Animated GIFs of Chris O'Dowd and Nick Frost's Epic Dance-off
- Nick Frost Wants Bears to Love Him—He Really Does
- Elizabeth Banks Reveals Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson are Graduating in 'Pitch Perfect 2'