Live the Life: James Brown
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Koji Yano
James Brown’s music and style were perfectly matched. The funk master’s bold patterns and shiny blazers fit his adventurous, groundbreaking sound, striking just the right revolutionary note. And that note’s echoing today: Vibrant, graphic button-downs and shimmering suits are back in a big way (singer Bruno Mars is carrying Brown’s torch at the moment), making it easier than ever to emulate the “hardest-working man in show business.”
1. Satin jacket by Diesel Black Gold, $636
2. Printed button-down shirt by H&M $34.95
3. Bowtie by Armani $195
4. Pocket square by Armani $95
5. Cummerbund by Armani $495
6. Lace-up shoes by DSquared2, $750.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- NBA Legend Isiah Thomas’s Son Is An Openly Gay DJ & Other Wild Scenes From The Nightlife
- The 10 Most Influential Gay Fashion Bloggers
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'