Live the Life: Elvis
By Out.com Editors
While many people equate the King with a rhinestone-studded jumpsuit and long bushy sideburns, his lip curled and brow damp (you know, elope-in-Vegas Elvis), we prefer to remember him as the young, dreamy crooner with an affinity for island life. In addition to a trio of 1960s film musicals revolving around tropical exploits (Blue Hawaii, Girls! Girls! Girls!, and Paradise, Hawaiian Style), Presley staged 1973's Aloha From Hawaii, the first-ever concert to be broadcast worldwide.
Photography by Jonathon Kambouris
2. Cream and brown geometric swim trunks by Tom Ford, $370
3. All-star leather sneakers by Converse by John Varvatos, $110
4. Light weight cotton twill pants by Calvin Klein Collection, $275
5. Twisted rope S hook bracelet by Giles & Brother, $110.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- The 10 Most Influential Gay Fashion Bloggers