Live the Life: JFK
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Koji Yano
John F. Kennedy’s passion for beautiful women is well documented, but his most enduring love affair was with the ocean. The president enjoyed casting off from Hyannis Port with his family and friends on Victura, the 26-foot sailboat his father gave him on his 15th birthday. Kennedy’s impeccable sense of style was at its best on the deck, where he injected preppy, clean-cut ’60s basics (crew-neck sweaters, trousers) with a touch of whimsy (cobalt blue socks, wayfarers). The casual chic he brought to the Oval Office was never more apparent than on the open seas.
1. Sweater by Banana Republic, $69.50
2. Polo shirt by Calvin Klein Jeans available at Macy’s, $34.50
3. JFK commemorative timepiece by Omega, $9,100
4. Sunglasses by Ray-Ban, $149.95
5. Pants by Dockers, $88
6. Boat shoes by Sperry Top-Sider, $85
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'