Nicolas Ghesquière Confirmed At Louis Vuitton
By Julien Sauvalle
Photo: Larry Busacca/Getty
Nicolas Ghesquière is officially the new artistic director of women's collections at Louis Vuitton.
After a few false alarms and weeks of intense media speculation, the 42-year-old Frenchman was confirmed today to succeed to Marc Jacobs at the creative helm of Louis Vuitton's womenswear.
“Louis Vuitton has always incarnated for me the symbol of ultimate luxury, innovation and exploration,” Ghesquière said in a statement. “I am very honored of the mission that I am entrusted with, and proud to join the history of this great maison. We share common values and a vision.”
Ghesquière rose to fashion stardom during his 15 year tenure as creative director of Balenciaga, a brand which he transformed into one of the most desirable fashion labels with his futuristic couture.
Vuitton said Ghesquière would bring “a modern creative vision to the house’s women’s collections, building on the values of refinement, savoir-faire and extreme quality.”
WWD reports that Ghesquière will present his first collection for Louis Vuitton in March 2014.
We can't wait!
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Qs: Billy Eichner Wants to Marry Meryl Streep and Get Down With Judi Dench
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem