Trending: Leaders of the Pack
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Koji Yano
Prepared explorers know that a sturdy backpack is their best companion. Once favored by roughing-it diehards, rucksacks are now crossing over from the adventurer’s trail to the urban wilderness, complete with smart compartments to hold a modern globetrotter’s survival kit. L.L. Bean’s Continental Rucksack has two side pockets perfect for a thermos and that dog-eared paperback you’ve been trying to finish for months, while Tommy Hilfiger offers a front pocket for your faithful compass (now in the form of an app, we’re sure). So grab your essentials and get ready to carry the world on your shoulders.
Top to bottom: Rucksack No. 21 Large by Fjällräven, $200; Waxed Cotton Continental Rucksack by L.L. Bean, $139; Canvas Backpack by Tommy Hilfiger available at Macy’s, $215
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Listen to 'The Sound Of Music Live' Soundtrack