Trending: Leaders of the Pack
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Koji Yano
Prepared explorers know that a sturdy backpack is their best companion. Once favored by roughing-it diehards, rucksacks are now crossing over from the adventurer’s trail to the urban wilderness, complete with smart compartments to hold a modern globetrotter’s survival kit. L.L. Bean’s Continental Rucksack has two side pockets perfect for a thermos and that dog-eared paperback you’ve been trying to finish for months, while Tommy Hilfiger offers a front pocket for your faithful compass (now in the form of an app, we’re sure). So grab your essentials and get ready to carry the world on your shoulders.
Top to bottom: Rucksack No. 21 Large by Fjällräven, $200; Waxed Cotton Continental Rucksack by L.L. Bean, $139; Canvas Backpack by Tommy Hilfiger available at Macy’s, $215
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection