Trending: Canvas’s Tough Love
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Joshua Scott
The great thing about fashion repeating itself is you can always rely on the classics. Take canvas: This age-old material made its way from ships’ sails to the artist’s easel, and was adapted to apparel when everything else went scarce during World War I. Lighter (and cheaper) than leather, it has a natural durability that makes it indispensable for the man on the go. With this season’s revival of 1920s dandyism, a canvas accessory is a simple add-on to give cachet to your summer wardrobe.
Clockwise from top left: Duffel bag by Gucci, $790; Hat by Hermès, $530; Portfolio by Tommy Hilfiger, $228; Travel wallet by Coach, $198; Zip wallet by Coach, $138; Sneakers by Alejandro Ingelmo, $32
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans