By Out.com Editors
Photography by Koji Yano
Don’t think cowboy country -- these richly textured pony hair accessories are more Milanese bourgeois than Wyoming cattle rancher. It was all over the runways for the Fall 2012 menswear collections: a Z Zegna overcoat, a McQueen tunic, even a camouflage Jimmy Choo iPad case. Think of it as a glamorous alternative to velvet and standard leathers, and opt for deep burgundies and bottle greens to match the seasonal spirit.
Clockwise from top left: Pony hair tote by Topman Design, $150; shoe by Dries Van Noten, $755; calf hair ankle boot by Bottega Veneta, $790; shoe by Calvin Klein Collection, $650; pony hair monk strap shoe by Marc Jacobs, price available upon request; wallets by Alexander McQueen, $235–$465; calf hair and leather boot by Kenneth Cole, $248
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki