Gentlemanly Pursuits: The Golfer
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Joshua Scott
Ever the bellwether, Miuccia Prada looked to the putting green for her latest spring collection and reminded the industry of the oft-overlooked sport of golf. The game’s uniform has a formal quality, as dictated by stuffy country-club etiquette, with players typically donning a collared polo, khaki pants or shorts, and a mandatory leather belt. However, this hasn’t prevented competitors from adding archly preppy flourishes in the form of bright colors, sweater vests, and newsboy caps. Think Sean Connery in Goldfinger, not Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore. After all, there’s a reason it’s known as the gentleman’s game.
Clockwise from top left: canvas check print hat by Prada, $295; Panama golf notes in dark blue by Smythson, $80; Seamaster Aqua Terra Golf watch by OMEGA, $5,500; Sean Connery (1964); Polo shirt by Lacoste, $95; sweater vest by Perry Ellis available at Macy’s, $70; handcrafted Ryder golf shoes by Bally, $1,695; Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis (The Caddy, 1953); golf bag by Louis Vuitton, $12,100
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- Sam Champion Receives Emotional Good Morning America Send-Off
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team