EXCLUSIVE: k.d. lang Discusses Broadway Debut in After Midnight
By Out.com Editors
Ready for k.d. lang's Broadway debut? You'll have to wait until February 2014, but we have an exclusive clip of her discussing her decision to join After Midnight, a new musical that opens October 18 on Broadway, which celebrates Duke Ellington’s years at the Cotton Club.
The explosive show features 17 musicians hand-picked by jazz legend Wynton Marsalis and an array of 25 modern vocalists and dancers, including TV and Broadway vet Dulé Hill (Psych, West Wing). There's also a "Special Guest Star" role—first up will be American Idol alum and Grammy Award-winning Fantasia beginning Oct. 18—that will allow for a variety of singers to get an Ellington education in his music library. In this clip, Lang explains how she never thought she'd be a part of Broadway and why singing this music "is like an opportunity at one fo the greatest schools."
Watch it below:
- A Brief History of 'Same Love'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: Bway's Nick Adams in his Pajamas in 'Christmas With the Skivvies'
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- Macklemore And Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations
- The Making of Macklemore