Out Speed Skater Irene Wust Wins Gold
By Stacy Lambe
Dutch speed skater Irene Wust, one of the seven out athletes competing at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games, won a gold medal on Sunday. Wust, 27-years-old, took the top prize in the 3,000 meter race, the longest of the individual women's races and became the first out athlete to take home a medal.
Wust is a decorated Olympian from the Netherlands having previously won two straight gold medals at both Vancouver and Torino. With her win, the country secured its throne as the leader of the event as teammate Sven Kramer won gold on the men's side.
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Qs: Billy Eichner Wants to Marry Meryl Streep and Get Down With Judi Dench
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- EXCLUSIVE: Elton John Performing Benny and the Jets During Concert Film Million Dollar Piano