Tom Ford Turned 53
By Michelle Ehrhardt
1. Tom Ford turned 53 this week. And to celebrate, Fashionista gathered a list of his sexiest ad campaigns over the years. The photos are mostly NSFW—and we wouldn't have it any other way. [Fasionista]
2. FXX is eight days into its non-stop marathon of every Simpsons episode ever made. And, d'oh!, people like it, with the network continually rating in the top five basic cable networks for each night of air. The fun will continue after the marathon's conclusion, as the network has announced that the majority of its normal evening programming will also be Simpsons focused. We're already preparing our donuts and pork rinds. [Vulture]
3. Greek parliament member Nikos Nikolopoulos recently lashed out over Twitter, aiming offensive remarks and slurs at Luxembourg's openly gay Prime Minister after he announced his engagement to his now fiancé. When it comes to homophobia, it's all Greek to us. [EUobserver]
4. A disowned gay teen's video—in which the teen is berated, kicked out of his home, and attacked after his parents staged a "pray away the gay" intervention for him—went viral. His aunt expressed her support for her nephew and mentioned that he's safely staying with her. [Advocate.com]
5. Who knew Piper and Larry were fans of Weeds? If you're dying for an Orange is the New Black fix during the wait for season 3, Here's a list of 11 things you may not have known about the hit show. [Vulture]
6. Lady Gaga and classic crooner Tony Bennet got together for a cover of classic jazz song "I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby." The video serves as a powerful reminder that underneath all the studio production and dramatic outfits, Gaga is a skilled classical singer.