1. Scientist have made a breakthrough in HIV research with genetically modified white blood cells. According to The Verge, scientists modified the white blood cells of 12 HIV-positive and removed the gene responsible for producing the CCR5 that allows HIV to enter the white blood cells. After taking 10 billion of the white blood cells, modifying them, and returning them to the patients, the blood cells were able to survive in the presence of HIV.
2. Arizona State Senator, Steve Gallardo, who fought against SB 1062—the law which would allow for people to legally discriminate against members of the LGBT community—has come out. “I’m gay, I’m a Latino, and I’m a senator, he told reporters in the Arizona Senate Caucus room.
3. According to The Huffington Post, hetero college kids are discovering the joys of anal sex. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, we were right about brunch, we were right about manscaping, and we’re right about anal.
4. Conan O’Brien’s been chosen to host the MTV VMAs. Because that’s totally what the kids today want.
5. Chelsea Handler went on Fallon and claimed Vladimir Putin is an “incredible lover.” She also built Boston’s Wang Theater…and named it after him.
6. Katy Perry tried to do the weather on Australian TV. We’re giving her an A for effort, but a B- for geography. So, good hustle Katy. Check out the video below: