New Injectable Drug May Replace Daily Pills To Prevent HIV
By Alex Panisch
1. The Atlantic Wire reports that a long-acting shot, GSK744, may replace daily pills in reducing the risk of HIV. Monkeys were completely protected from the disease in two separate studies of the drug. If the injection is as successful in humans, the shot, taken every one to three months, could provide a new method of HIV prevention.
2. Frozen is now officially the highest-grossing animated Disney film of all time. According to BuzzFeed the 2013 film has surpassed The Lion King (aka “Hamlet with Lions”) and is now the second highest-grossing animated film of all time, just behind Pixar’s Toy Story 3.
3. Ellen’s daytime talkshow reached an all-time high in ratings yesterday. Variety chalks it up to the it being the day after her Oscar telecast.
4. Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says he’s done partying, because he needs to focus on his reelection campaign. I have no witty comment for this…I am literally for a loss for all words except for three: “What The F@#K?!”
5. John Travolta has released a statement regarding his Idina Menzel Oscars gaffe. It was spelled correctly, so that’s a start.
6. Lykke Li’s video for “Love Me Like I’m Not Made Of Stone” is a lot. Watch it and you’ll see what I mean.